Congratulations to our 2016 DoE volunteers who have now completed their time with us! Our next intake will run October - December 2017, as this is the best time to carry out required conservation and education activities.
We have widened our range of opportunities and look forward to seeing you. Numbers are limited, so please contact us in advance to register. Sessions start and finish at Vine Road Recreation Ground SW13 0NE, unless otherwise stated.
Candidates are actively involved throughout the sessions and it is important to plan to attend the entire session.
We look forward to seeing you! - a sample of activities is set out below:
Yaffles 10.15 - 12.15: Candidates work with our monthly nature activities' session for family groups with young children
- 2nd October: Sharon and Tabby (Bug Hotel prep/collection; Hollyhock seed collection)
- 6th November: Miranda and Tabby
- 4th December: Miranda, Sharon (Storytelling; making bird food and bird feeders)
Conservation Work 10.00 - 13.00: Candidates work alongside our experienced conservation volunteers out on the Common.
- October 9th: Adrian and Tabby. Carrying out clearance work to the rear of the cemetery so further posts can be installed to mark the border with Wimbledon Common. Don't forget to check the Conservation Work blue link for any changes
- November 13th: Adrian and Tabby. Remembrance Sunday. Clearing holly and yew near the Lower Putney cemetery, then we will move to the old cemetery for the usual 2 minute silence. Don't forget to check the Conservation Work blue link for any changes
- December 11th: Adrian and Tabby. Clearing cut trees and branches before an early finish and lunch in the pub - candidates and families most welcome! Don't forget to check the Conservation Work blue link for any changes