Wednesday 19th July - Change of date
Due to meetings, volunteering will be on Friday morning 21st July. We will be pulling bracken in the corner of Van Buren's meadow:
We will be starting at 9am.
Sunday 9th July
- We will be working along Vine Road and Upper Richmond Road trimming paths and clearing in preparation for London in Bloom judging next week
- Meet at Vine Road Pavilion at 10.00
- Please let Will know if you are able to attend on 07983 711685
Wednesday 5th July
- We will be at Vine Road to help Sharon and to prepare for ‘London in Bloom’ There’s plenty of mowing, strimming, and hedge cutting to be done - and we will be closer to the kettle and biscuits!
Wednesday 28th June
- Weeding out of a young planted hedge at the bottom of Ranelagh Avenue/Rocks Lane
- Location: https://goo.gl/maps/GmnCQAqYGPD2
Wednesday 21st June
- Activity: Removing Robinia saplings from the corner of the football pitch (and yes, we will be working in shade!)
- Location: https://goo.gl/maps/S2A8nLkQS7L2 (please contact Will if there is a problem)
- Time: Due to very hot weather, we will be starting at 9am tomorrow. Please bring plenty of water with you.
Wednesday 14th June: there will be no work party as Will is on a course.
Friday 16th June: Will and Mike intend to spend the morning trimming back vegetation around the Leg-o-Mutton reservoir (now the cow parsley has gone to seed). This will be a combination of lopping, trimming and mowing, although we have yet to work out what equipment will be most effective: the aim is not a drastic clearance but to make the path around the reservoir passable.
Meet at 09.00 at Leg-o-Mutton (Swedish School end)
Sunday 18th June The monthly work party will be working on 'Maisie's Meadow' - the meadow just across the brook/little bridge from The Green. We will be cutting sections of the grass (to improve the quality of this meadow), trimming branches, controlling brambles etc and hopefully in the process make sure this lovely meadow is looking her best for Barnes Fair (and London in Bloom judging), as well as for people to enjoy picnics and relax during summer and the longer evenings. We are also considering moving one of the footbridges across the reedbed feeder ditch, to try and reduce pressure on the brook margin vegetation from the increasing number of people and dogs using this informal pathway … a real mix of lopping, cutting, raking and maybe some digging etc!
Meet at 10.00 at ‘Maisie’s Meadow’ (as above)
Tea/coffee and more shortbread than you can shake a stick at on the go!!
As always – Dress for mess; bring water, sun hat/cream etc (always hopeful!)
All sessions start at 10.15 unless otherwise stated.