There are many ways you can become involved...support takes many forms and we need your help!! Volunteer Handbook
Volunteer with us
Whatever your skills, whatever your age or ability, whatever your time commitment - the simple fact is we couldn't do it without you. There are so many ways you can become involved. Here are just a few areas where help is needed - if you have more ideas, or other skills to offer - please let us know! You can get in touch here if you would like to find out more.
- Community Gardening
- Conservation Work Parties - including Dates, Where to Meet and Last-minute Changes
- Corporate Volunteering
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
- Ecological surveys
- Help us create an on-line archive of past 'On the Common' issues
- Help us collect and collate 'Then and Now' photographs
- Help us create an 'On the Vine' recipe book based on our raised beds.
- General Admin, Mail Drops etc
IMPORTANT: If you are joining us for any of our outdoor work parties, please wear sturdy, appropriate footwear. Several layers of clothing are better than one heavy coat. Work gloves are provided, but you may prefer to bring your own. Don't forget a hat and on a good day....sun cream : ) Even in cold weather, you can become dehydrated when working outside, so a bottle of water is a must. It is highly recommended that you seek medical advice with regard to having up-to-date tetanus when taking part in any outdoor activities.